Visit Our FaceBook Page
Follow Us on Twitter @discoveryhsnc
To subscribe to Parent Email Update, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the New Discovery High School Principal's Blog!
Discovery High School
301 West 18th Street
Newton, NC 28658
Phone Number: 828-466-5581
ANNOUNCEMENT SUMMER'S DRIVER EDUCATION CLASSES
Newton Conover City Schools will be offering summer drivers education classes. An initial meeting will be held on April 22 in the NCHS cafeteria from 3:15 to 6:00 PM. All students who are interested, need to get copies of the forms from our office, complete them, and bring them to this meeting.
To be eligible, students must be 14 1/2 years old but less than 18 years old. Students mush have been born between 5-15-97 and 10-22-00.
Students will need to complete the forms required and bring them to the meeting.
If more than 100 students show up for the class, the oldest, eligible students will be selected.
NOW ACCEPTING MAGGIE DANIELS SCHOLARSHIP NOMINATIONS
Discovery High School is now accepting nominations for the first award of the Maggie Daniels Memorial Scholarship. After Ms. Daniels' untimely death this past summer, a committee of Discovery High School students, staff and parents began meeting in permanently memorialize her contribution to our school community.This year, Discovery High School will award a $5,000 scholarship to a current senior who:
In order to be considered for Maggie Daniels Memorial Scholarship, students must be nominated by staff, students, school district personnel or community members. No self-nominations will be accepted. In order to nominate a Discovery High School senior for this scholarship:
- provides evidence of commitment to a post-secondary institution.
- have completed 150 hours of community service by their junior year.
- best exemplifies the Six Discovery High School norms.
After May 1, a committee will convene to review the nominations blindly in order to select this year's recipient.
- Download a copy of the Maggie Daniels Scholarship form here. (Forms also are available in our office.)
- Complete the form entirely, providing careful documentation and explanations as to why you think your nominee best exemplifies Discovery High School's Six Character Norms. (Descriptions available in the nomination packet.)
- Submit the completed nomination by May 1, 2015.